Integration of Global Outdoors Learning Blogs, TED Ed Lessons and Global Goals in Management Courses | Dr. Jose G. Lepervanche | Global Education Conference
Global Education Conference 2017 Accepted Proposals. Outdoors University blog will be featured during online presentation to educators. Thanks to our global collaborators for sharing photos, videos, lessons, wisdom, thoughts, and outdoors adventures. The University is Outdoors. Attend CEC 2017 FREE!
The Global Education Conference Network’s eight annual world-wide collaboration on globally-connected education will take place around the clock starting Monday, November 13, and continuing through Thursday, November 16.
Watch our online Live Presentation during Global Education Conference. GlobalEdCon Schedule. Links to the live virtual rooms will be available when the conference starts.
When Mon, November 13, 3pm – 4pm
Name and Title: Dr. Jose G. Lepervanche. Professor of Supervision and Management
School or Organization Name: Florida State College at Jacksonville
Twitter Handle (@name): @drlepervanche
Co-Presenter Name(s): Flor Lepervanche
Area of the World from Which You Will Present: Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Language in Which You Will Present: English
Target Audience(s): Educators
Short Session Description (one line):
Integration of Global Outdoors Learning Blogs, TED Ed Lessons & Global Goals in Management Courses
Session Strand (use the “tag”): “2017HigherEd” “2017SDGs” “2017Teachers”
Full Session Description:
Global Outdoors Learning Blogs and TED Talks have been used with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to be added to topics in Management courses. Blogs posts and TED Ed Lessons have been created and integrated to Learning Management Systems (LMS) using the Global Learning Opportunities Building Engagement (GLOBE) model. GLOBE is an educational model created to facilitate global collaboration and creative learning methods inside and outside the classroom to enhance Management programs.
The objective is to:
1. Find Global Learning Opportunities that are useful to our courses or programs.
2. Building bridges by connecting speakers, presenters, adventurers, travelers, facilitators or influencers with Management courses (Global Management, Outdoors Leadership, Youth Leadership, City Management, Strategic Management, Technology Management).
3. Build Engagement by creating active and continuous collaboration using blogs posts and adding TED Ed lessons with TED talks related to specific Management topics and SDGs.
Presentation shows how learning blogs posts are organized in global categories by activities, topics, SDGs, and countries. It shows how to create TED Ed Lessons using relevant TED Talks and, it shows hot to integrate or embed these resources into LMS of Management Courses in order to enhance classrooms, online discussions, and outdoors learning experiences. GLOBE has been used in Business, Management, and Systems courses and can be used in any global learning area, program, or course. All current blogs posts, and TED Ed Lessons are free and available to use. New educators and collaborators are welcome to post in our global Outdoors University blog using the EasyPost form.
Websites / URLs Associated with Session:
- Global Learning News (www.globallearningnews.com)
- Outdoors University (www.outdoorsuniversity.com)
- TED Ed Lessons (www.lepervanche.org/tedxfscj)
- Scouting Adventures (www.scoutingadventures.org)
- TED-Ed, TED and TEDx Talks to Enhance Classroom Learning Experience. Dr. Jose G. Lepervanche (https://www.slideshare.net/jlepervanche/teded-ted-and-tedx-taks-to-enhance-classroom-learning-experience-dr-jose-g-lepervanche)