Online discussion started in three different courses, Management of Information Systems, Strategic Management, and Leadership and Team Dynamics. All three courses had to answer the same questions but add an emphasis on technologies, strategies or leadership initiatives depending on the course. This combine activity can be replicated using TED Ed Lessons and students from different sections or courses. See instructions and a selection of responses below.
1. Watch video and extract potential business solutions and strategies based on emerging technologies.
2. Answer this discussion question: What are the pros or cons about moving out of big cities. How companies have to modify their strategies to offer their services and products to these new communities?
- Information Systems – What business information systems are useful to solve this situation?
- Strategic Management – What should be the vision of these companies?
- Leadership – How community leaders are influencing their citizens to adapt to new communities?
3. Post your initial response here in this forum and add at least 3 extra substantive comment to your classmate in three different days.
4. Go to TED Ed Lesson site (https://ed.ted.com/on/rGppNZUR) and paste your initial response in the discussion in the lesson. You will share your answer with other Fall 2017 courses and you will be able to read their responses. This is a combined discussion.